Sol Plaatje University
Institutional approach towards digital learning:
- Move to an online teaching and learning mode of delivery
- All modules on the Moodle learning management platform for online delivery.
- Lecturers need to design modules / activities: with audio; video and audio; or audio, etc.
- Use of online learning software: TEAMS, Panopto, etc.
- Develop online channels, tutorials, etc.
- Infrastructure online development
- Running trails of modules
Role of different professional support structures during the remote teaching period
The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Programme Development has been doing the following:
- Training lecturers in online delivery of teaching and learning
- Training students on how make use of online teaching and learning.
- Supply lecturers with data for connectivity
Professional support / learning opportunities for academics during this period:
- Gaining competency in online teaching and learning
- Developing online lessons
Source: Sol Plaatje University
- Connectivity and data issues for lecturers
- Connectivity and data issues for students
- Uploading large files for online teaching and learning
- Skills of lecturers in using and developing of online material, software, etc.
- Skills of students in using online materials, software, etc.
- Teaching large classes in an online environment
- Will infrastructure be able to handle large data exchange during the same time?
- How will assessment be done?
- Developing online assessments